Plunging into Plumbing is a basic program that introduces a number of topics concerning plumbing systems. It will not teach you how to be a plumber. However, it will provide you with an excellent overview of the design and installation of plumbing systems, the challenges involved, and how to interact with authorities and field crew. This program will benefit project managers, project engineers, estimators, and coordination/integration specialists who wish to acquire and introductory understanding of plumbing systems.
- Introduction to Plumbing & the Uniform Plumbing Code
- Fixtures & Submittals
- Domestic Sizing
- Waste and Vent Sizing
- Specialty Plumbing Systems including Medical Gas
- Blueprint Reading & Plumbing Estimating
- Hands-on experience with cutting pipe and soldering
- Learn how to classify and recognize plumbing fixtures and materials.
- Gain an understanding of the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC).
- Understand pipe sizing for Domestic Water (DW), Waste & Vent (W&V), and Rain Water (RW).
- Learn how to read plumbing drawings and perform an estimate.
- Gain an appreciation for the installation of plumbing systems.
Next Program Dates:
Tuesdays, September 17 - November 12, 2019.
Tuition for the program is $900.
Registration is now open! Click here to view registration brochure.
MCAWW REFUND POLICY
- Cancellation by attendee 14 or more days prior to the start date of an event or training program: 100% refund.
- Cancellation by attendee 7-13 days prior to the start date of an event or training program: 50% refund.
- No refund will be given for cancellations less than 7 days prior to the start date of an event or training program. If cancellation is due to illness or emergency, credit may be extended for a future event or training program.
- In the event that MCA of Western Washington cancels an event or training program, a full refund will be provided.
MCAWW educational programs are open to Western Washington Mechanical Contracting Industry Improvement Fund contributors.